Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I am me.

This is supposed to be an exciting time...
Yet you seem to keep ruining it.
Who ever said you were in charge of this?
Who ever gave you the control?

I am my own person.
I know what I want.
Don't mistake confidence for cockiness.
Don't treat me like I am the enemy.

Love brought us to this point.
And love will take us to the next.
It will be love that will sustain us,
Whether you want it or not.

Learn your limits.
Learn to be a friend.
Realize that I am not you
Which means I will not do things like you.

Just because I like something one way
And do not incorporate your ideas
Does not mean that I didn't listen,
It doesn't mean that I don't care.

I have my own way of doing things.
My own experiences I am playing from.
If you had taken the time to get to know me
You would know better who I am.

I'm sorry you don't like me
I'm sorry I'm not who you wanted
But I am not going to allow you to effect my life
I will continue to carry on.

Maybe someday it will be different.
Maybe we can learn to be friends.
That will require you taking the time to get to know me
And understanding why I am, who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment