Tuesday, August 16, 2011

We will marry...

I should be so excited right now,
Yet lately all I do is shed tears.
It doesn't seem like I have the wow,
That I have looked forward to all these years.

What is missing you might ask?
The peace, the comfort, the support.
Seems like it's a fight to finish every task,
Never leading to a good report.

Will this ever get better?
When will I feel like I should?
Maybe I should write you a letter,
Or even carve it into wood.

Then you'll understand how sad I am,
How much I wish I could enjoy this time.
Makes me sad to know you'll be fam,
Even causes me to learn to rhyme.

The stress is beyond anything I've known,
It cannot be healthy at this level.
Throughout this time I know I have grown,
I know that God has already beat the devil.

Therefore I will not let your bitterness effect me,
My life will be happy despite what you think.
Very soon he & I will become we,
And you will never make us sink.

Thank You Lord for this man I will marry,
He is beyond my every dream.
He makes me want to sing like a canary,
He always make me beam.

No comments:

Post a Comment