Friday, April 20, 2012

Item #1 - Cook More = #1 "Crust-less Pizza"

Okay - So the first item on my "29 while 29" list was to use my cookbooks to make more recipes. This past week I made one of them for dinner, but I changed a few things in it based on how my mom has been making this recipe for a while.

I absolutely love pizza but we all know the crust is the worst part for us to eat. So we found this recipe for a Crust-less Pizza! And honestly, it is very good. My mom has been making this for years, but this was my very first attempt at making it on my own.

Here is what you need:
Hamburger (I used like 1.75lb I think in mine)
Eggs (amount of these will depend on how much meat you used - I needed 3 eggs)
Pizza Sauce
Your choice of pizza toppings (I used mushrooms & pepperoni this time)
Pizza Cheese (I found that Kraft makes a Pizza blend, which I used)

All you do is brown your hamburger. Drain it and then place it in a baking pan. Mix the eggs together in a bowl and then pour over the hamburger. I mixed it in to ensure that the egg got all over the meat and would help it stick together. Put the pizza sauce on it and cover the whole pan. Then add your toppings of choice. Cover with the cheese (the more cheese the better in my mind!) and put it in the oven. Bake it for 30min at 375. Once I took it out of the oven I let it stand for about 10 minutes before trying to cut into it which seemed to help me serve it up a little bit better.

Very simple, very good, and reheats very well as well!

The finished Pizza!
So there you go - there is the first recipe I have made so far and I think it turned out pretty good! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment