Monday, May 14, 2012

Random thinking...

Sometimes I really wonder who is out there in need of help but staying silent for fear of not knowing who they can turn to. It seems like we are all so busy that we forget to take the time to really realize what is actually important in life and if we do realize it, it may be too late. I only post this question...this general wondering... because I often read people's posts on Facebook, or Twitter, or see them driving by me on the street, passing me in a store... And it seems as though we are all so involved in what is going on that we forget to stop and realize what really matters in life.

I know I am not the only one who goes to the store with my list of things I need/want to buy and set about getting it done without talking to anyone else. I try to keep to myself and sometimes even get annoyed when people get in my way as I am trying to just wander around without purpose just for a little time alone. Which is silly because I spend every day at home alone with our 2 dogs... So it is not like I need that time, just want it.

The simple fact is this...how many of us know our neighbors? How many of us have even 2 people we can turn to when we are feelings sad or lonely and know that they will be there without question to just listen? I think it is time that we all stand up and stop being so self-involved and start sharing the life God has given us with those around us. I for one do not know my neighbors. I recognize them in their yard, and even chat with them once in a while, but I couldn't even tell you their names. And that is sad. It is time to make a change.

Sorry for my ramblings... Just have a lot on my mind and knew that I could share it all on here.

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment