Friday, February 25, 2011

Snow day = Homework day

Oh how unfair it is that such a snowy day is going to require me to be at my computer all day working on my homework. Sometimes being and adult is not all that it has cracked up to be! I wish that I could take the day, relax, watch movies and just read a book for fun. Instead, I have to finish a paper on this book for school, finish up a movie review for the same class and then start my research paper for my other class I am working on.

The hardest part for me is that I am so tired of being in school. It has been over 5 years now that I have been going full-time non-stop. Thankfully I do have a lot to show for my time in school. I already have my Associates in Human Resource Management and my Bachelors in Religion. Sometimes though, not even that helps me to continue on with my studies.

Even though I have 2 weeks left in these 2 classes, and then a total of 5 classes left to receive my Masters of Divinity degree, it is still such a struggle to keep going and even want to finish. I know that I have no choice in the end on whether or not to continue going - too many of my family & friends will not let me quit. But that still does not mean that it is not a struggle for me to keep going on a daily basis.

So, as I sit here and watch the snow just fall down, blow all over the place and know that there are so many people home today, I will get started on my homework. I just pray that it does not take long to finish and that I can concentrate enough to be able to get the grades I need to as I finish up these classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment