Thursday, June 9, 2011

How does he make it better....?

So I saw this question online this morning and it really got me thinking.... And even though I am not actually married yet (93 more days!!!) I thought I would take time to think about this question & answer it where I am now in life...

The question is:
How does your spouse make your life better?

Now - like I said, I am not yet married, but I am so beyond excited to be married to the man of my dreams, the man who is more than I ever knew I needed! So, let me answer this question about how my fiance makes my life better...keeping in mind that in just a day over 3 months, I will call him my husband!

Before I met Destry (again!) I was just going through life. I was always dreaming about what I wanted out of life, this fantasy of where I wanted to go, the type of person I wanted there with me and what life would be like once I found him. Well, let me tell you, life with Destry is nothing like what I dreamed about all those years. He is a million times better.

It is amazing what happens in life when we stop trying to control everything and let God take control and do as He knows we need...which, let me tell you, is a million times better than what we could ever do on our own!

So how does Destry make my life better? Well, let me tell you....
I have always been very independent and thrived on living my life that way. Destry has taught me that I can be the same independent woman that I have always been, and yet still depend on him in a healthy manner. He has shown me how to love.

Having someone that I can talk to about anything and everything, knowing it will not ever make him not like or love me, is such a blessing. No matter what I am going through I know that he is there for me, supporting me, loving me, proud of me. That is a feeling that cannot ever be explained, just experienced through true, honest, Godly love from another person.

I can be mad, sad, angry, happy, silly, goofy, blah, distant, needy, silent... Any emotion that I could think of & it only makes Destry love me more. He allows me to be me... which I have the honor of reciprocating right back to him. Allowing each other to be who we are only enhances our love for one another and brings our bond closer.

So how does Destry make my life better? I cannot even begin to count the ways. He is more than I ever knew I needed and never knew I wanted.... But never want to be without ever again.

When you find love like this, hold on tight and never let them go. Cherish every moment with them. Never forget to tell them  you love them. Never stay mad at them. Work through your issues quickly so you can get back to the love. Be there for them when they need you to be, and they will repay the favor. We are not promised tomorrow and therefore make today count. Make today full of the love that makes your life better because they are in it with you.

S. Destry Ditto - I love you more than words can express. I thank God daily for bringing you into my life and making it so much better than I ever knew I needed. Thank you for loving me no matter what and for always talking to me through whatever I am going through. When life seems to be spiraling out of control, you somehow always find a way to make the spinning stop and make everything make sense again. I love you more and more each and every single day that we are together and leaves me praying for one more day to show you all the love that you continually show me.

My life started when Destry & I started dating... I never want to go back to the days before him. His love makes every single thing better in my life.

So...how does your spouse make your life better?

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment