Tuesday, May 10, 2016

God is Good...



Over the years there are times when I have wondered "Are you there God?" It is like the book I read as a kid... You pray, you read the Bible, you live as you are supposed to (messing up sometimes, asking forgiveness & moving on)...

But it is easy as a human to wonder if there is a reason for this. A reason to follow God & what He commanded us in His Word. I think of the saying from the movie "Gods Not Dead 2" -- "I would rather stand with God & be judges by the world than stand with the world & be judged by God!"

That is such a powerful statement. And it has been ringing through my mind since I saw the movie. Am I standing with God in all that I do? Am I really trusting Him?

Well the last 8 days have shown me just how much God loves me. Just how much He thinks of me. That I am His favorite! {Do not get upset -- you are His favorite too!! You are!}

My husband & I have been praying for years now for something. Praying. Praying. Praying. Giving our tithes. Giving offerings above our tithes. But at some points we just felt like we were not getting anywhere. Just felt like we were stuck. We were out in the wilderness alone.

But we never gave up. Never stopped praying. Never stopped believing that God had a plan. Yes it was taking longer than we wanted it to! I mean, I wanted this all done years ago. But that is not how God works. He does not do things in our timing just because that is what we want. [[I know - how unfair, right?]] He has everything planned out already.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans that I have for you, says the Lord. Plans to give you a hope & a future!"

How many times have we read that & just kept going. Thinking "well that is nice God - but what about now? What about today?"

He sees today. But He also sees tomorrow. & the next day. & the next day. He sees it. I promise.

When it is time for things to happen, He will make them happen. He will make things happen in ways that you never saw as a possibility. & that is how you will know -- without any doubt -- that it was all God! That it was not by your own might or power - but it was by God.

I had nothing to do with the recent turn of events in my family's lives... Except I trusted God. My husband trusted God. My family all prayed for us. Believed with us. & stood on the promises of God with us. & when God was ready, He made a way. He made it all fall into place. Made us just cry with thanksgiving that He thinks of us & made all this happen for us!

If He can do it for us - He can do it for you.
Since He did it for us - He will do it for you!

The only question I have for you is, do you believe? Do you trust? Can you put away all doubt & stand strong on what God says in His word?

Can you ignore the doubters & those who say God is dead... Can you overpower the voices of negativity by quoting Scripture?

I believe that your blessings are here. They are happening. You are a blessed child of God! Never give doubt any place in you heart, mind, soul.

And then watch what He will do with your faithfulness.

Sincerely,
A truly grateful child of the Almighty God

No comments:

Post a Comment