Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Just A Mom Keeping It Real

Okay Moms - I am talking to you today. Or maybe Dads... Anyone who stays home with the kids. Maybe not even your kids. You are the babysitter maybe. Okay - so really, I am talking to anyone who has children around them.

Anyway... So my 2.5yr old likes to come down to Mommy & Daddy's bed at night sometimes. She goes through phases of doing it every night to going weeks between coming down for some cuddles in the middle of the night.

So it has been a while since Hubs & I had our little visitor at night.

But I really was not fully aware of her joining us last night. I know I lifted her into our bed. I do not know what time it was {{found out later Hubs had already taken her back at 12:30am when she came down the first time}} nor do I really remember much of anything other than lifting her into the bed between Hubs and I.

What I do remember, however, is where the joys of being Mom [or Dad] come in. Are you ready?

I am going to keep it real here.

I woke up at 5am to pee... As I was pee'ing, I realized I had been so sweaty while I slept last night - or this morning since I figured it was due to another body in the bed with us. I debated changing my shirt, but as I debated, I started to realize I was only sweaty in 1 area of my body. I was whiping sweat off my side & thinking how abnormal this was.

Are you still with me here?

So I finish pee'ing & just sit there trying to wake myself up enough to figure out what is going on. I reach down to pull up my shorts -- that is when I realize that just the right side of my shorts were wet too.

Which is when a lightbulb comes on and I instantly sniff my hand. You know, the hand I used to wipe the sweat off my side while I was pee'ing...

It was not sweat.

There was no way that smell was from sweat!

I look to my bed <which can be seen from my spot on the toilet> to see Caralee laying there all passed out... WITH NO PANTS ON! Okay - not just no pants, no diaper either.

--Now Caralee has been potty trained for about 10 months, but we have never ventured into the nighttime part of it since she has not seemed ready for that--

So I pull up my shorts wake Hubs & inform him of our newfound issue with our little visitor... He instantly realized his side of the bed was dry so told me to put on some dry clothes, take his side & go back to sleep with Caralee. The damage was done so no sense in waking her to get her washed up at 5am if she was still sleeping peacefully.

I changed my clothes. Climb into bed on Hubs side while he gets up & goes to the couch. All I smell is pee. That is it. Pee. There are no other scents that can be picked up by my nose at this point.

Yet somehow, exhaustion wins & I fall back to sleep with my toddler still wearing just her pj top.

I wake up at 7am... Hubs is gone for work, my toddler is not in the room but my brain instantly starts to process the events of the morning. I get up - my "clean" clothes are smelling like pee now so I strip down, grab a shower & come out to strip the bed.

That is when I realized just how bad my morning was -- the pee had soaked through the mattress protector! Yup. You know that thing you buy to save yourself from things like this happening. Yeah. It failed me this morning. Failed me.

So I get everything into the washer - get it on its way to smelling better. Then go back to assess the damage to our mattress and get to cleaning it...

Well I think you now understand how my morning has gone... But, if I can survive, so can you! That is a promise.

No matter what challenges you face today - no matter what stress comes your way - Call on God. He is there. He is your strength. Your protection. Your comfort. Your calm in the midst of the storm. He will always be there to listen & guide you through your life. No matter how crazy your life is, He is there. He wants to help.

I sometimes have to remind myself multiple times that He is there with me. But once I get it into my head that there is nothing He & I cannot face together, that is when things start to look up. Things stop looking impossible & a plan of action starts to form.

Why do I tell you this nasty story of me getting covered in pee as I slept? To let you know that this too shall pass. You are not alone. Sometimes life is just like being covered in someone else's pee. Or maybe you really were just like me. Whichever the case - do not turn away from God. Do not forget that He is with you. Do not let anyone tell you that things will not get better. I am here to tell you that they will!

Sincerely,
A Mom Who Has Had A Day By 7am

No comments:

Post a Comment