Tuesday, January 11, 2011

From dog licenses to Marriage...

This morning I braved the cold to go out and get Olliver's tags renewed. I have to do this yearly downtown at the auditor's office, but they are all so friendly down there that I do not mind going down there. Every year they do a new design and color, so it is always fun to see what new tag he will be wearing for the next year. Last year they had a yellow fire hydrant; this year they have a purple flower... While I think it is cute, I have a boy dog. He doesn't need to be wearing a purple flower! Haha But, either way, at least he is all good for another year.

The process of going yearly and registering Olliver so that they have all of his information is one that intrigues me. I always think about as I am walking in (usually in the cold) to go and pay for another registration for my cute little puppy. Today, as I was walking out of getting his tag, I thought about how Joseph had to take Mary back to his home town for the first census that was being conducted. They had to register, and since Mary was engaged to be married to Joseph she had to go with him. It amazes me how things were done differently in the Biblical times rather than today.

Because Mary was engaged to Joseph, they were already considered one. What would happen if we thought that way in todays society? I talked with a friend at work this past weekend about this... How today it is way too easy for someone just to take their rings off and say they've had enough. We need to have that mindset that Joseph and Mary had (as well as all the other people in Biblical times) that once they're engaged, that is their promise to one another. Nothing comes between them. This is unfortunately not how people see it today though.

They just go from one relationship to the next without thinking there's anything wrong with it. That was something Destry & I discussed long before we got engaged... Once there was an engagement ring on my finger, that was it. We were in this together for life. No matter what. We need to have that mindset in this world that we life in because all too often people have a fight and don't want to try anymore. We need to be in the mindset that we are in this for life, not just for now.

These are just my thoughts... Not sure how I got here from getting Olliver's tags, but I did. I love my fiancĂ© and I will be with him forever. We might not be perfect but that does not matter. We love one another and we are in this together for life. I pray that more people adapt the mindset of being in this for their relationships... We would have a whole lot less divorce in this world...

No comments:

Post a Comment