Saturday, December 18, 2010

Day 18 - Christmas Challenge

Favorite family Christmas tradition..


~As a child... When we were little, on Christmas Eve we would always pile in a car together and daddy would drive us around neighborhoods to look at all the decorated houses. We would go to the places where we knew there would be the most houses decorated and just look at all the lights and how pretty it was. After a couple hours of that, we would come home and my parents would let each of us open one present of their choosing. We would also open the presents from each other (so what I got Rachel, Steven & my parents they would open, what Rachel & Steven got me I would open...etc). Then we would all go to bed and wait until morning. Except Steven and I would get up in the middle of the night & rearrange the presents under the tree so that they were in the right place for opening in the morning. Then about 4am we would start trying to wake everyone "on accident" so we could get to opening the presents. Rachel was the hardest to wake, but we eventually got everyone up by 6 or 7 to open presents... Then we would have Cinnabon's for breakfast! That was our family tradition...

~As an adult... I love our times baking together. We get together and bake Christmas cookies, fudge and all different kids of things to make it festive. I cannot wait to bake today - we are getting together at Rachel's house this year, and getting the kids involved in the tradition as well... It will be such a blast!


No comments:

Post a Comment