Monday, December 13, 2010

Days 11, 12 & 13 - Christmas Challenge

~Well, I had a weekend of rest thanks to yet another sinus infection... So thanks to all of you who have been praying for my healing because I can sure feel all the prayers. It has been a rough weekend, so I didn't do any blogging... Which is why I am playing catch-up right now... Enjoy! :o)


Day 11
Do you decorate outside?  Please include a picture if you do!
~Well, I've never had my own house... I had an apartment for a couple years when I lived in Washington DC, but pretty much I have lived with my parents my whole life. So, yes, normally they decorate outside, but this year we did not. Sad, I know, but just never found the time and the good weather in order to put the lights up. So maybe next year daddy will decorate the house outside again...
~I love the lights outside and it is always a favorite thing of mine to drive around and look at all the lights that everyone puts up. Of course since Destry & I close on our house tomorrow evening, I am doubtful that we will really decorate our own house..especially since we have no decorations to put up yet. But I am sure as we gather up decorations, our house will begin to be decorated yearly. I just love a decorated house for Christmas!! :o)


Day 12
What's on your Grown-Up Christmas list this year?
~A house. Which, as stated above, we get tomorrow! Yeay! I am just so thankful for all Destry has been doing in order to ensure we have a home to share. So my Grown-up Christmas list has been fulfilled. I have an amazing fiancĂ©, who is providing a gorgeous brand new home for us, I have a loving family, the bestest doggie ever, friends who are such a blessing to my life... God has blessed me beyond what I could have every dreamed...so my list for Christmas is filled! 


Day 13
Favorite religious Christmas song...
~Mary Did You Know. I think that song says it all. It speaks volumes as to what the season is about. I often wonder when I am singing this song if these are real questions that went through Mary's mind as she found out what an important part of history she was going to play. Just sit back, read the lyrics and think about what must have been going through Mary's on that first Christmas...

Mary did you know that your baby boy will one day walk on water?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will save our sons and daughters?
Did you know that your baby boy has come to make you new?
This child that you've delivered, will soon deliver you.

Mary did you know that your baby boy will give sight to a blind man?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will calm a storm with his hand?
Did you know that your baby boy has walked where angels trod?
And when you kiss your little baby, you have kissed the face of God.

The blind will see, the deaf will hear and the dead will live again.
The lame will leap, the dumb will speak, the praises of the lamb.

Mary did you know that your baby boy is Lord of all creation?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will one day rule the nations?
Did you know that your baby boy is heaven's perfect Lamb?
This sleeping child you're holding is the great I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment