Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Cleaning House

Today was fun...while tiring, I had fun. Since Destry & I got the house a couple weeks ago, I have been enjoying the never-ending task of cleaning. Now, I am sure this will not always be the case, but right now it is still so new that I want to keep it looking as new as the day they finished building it. This isn't an easy task, but one that I have taken on willingly. I figure that as long as I have a good mood about it and am happy with what I am doing, then it will all get done quicker and look nicer because of my attitude. So I turn on the radio and clean. Dishes...check. Dusting...check. Clean floors...check. Clean toilets...check. Clean mirrors and sinks...check. Organize some of the remaining stuff just sitting around the house..well, almost check; I stopped to come blog, but doing that as soon as I am done writing this! LoL And tomorrow I finally get to use my brand new, top-of-the-line washer & dryer that Destry bought me. I am sooo excited. (Mainly because that means the piles of clothes that are in the closet will finally get cleaned & put away where they should go! Haha)

When looking at this new house and all the care I am taking with ensuring it is looking good so no matter when anyone stops by, it is presentable - I really started thinking about life. Shouldn't we take this same care with our life? Isn't our body the temple of God (1Cor 6:13)? Shouldn't we be continually cleaning it out and ensuring that only the good stuff goes in it? It reminds me of the little song we used to sing in Sunday School as a child...
     Be careful little eyes what you see...
     Be careful little eyes what you see...
     There's a Father up above and he's looking down in love,
     So be careful little eyes what you see.

     Be careful little mouth what you say...
     Be careful little mouth what you say...
     There's a Father up above and he's looking down in love,
     So be careful little mouth what you say.
It goes on from there and reminds ears to be careful what they hear, hands to be careful what they touch, and feet to be careful where they go. I think this is something we should be more aware of today as we go through our daily life and perform our daily tasks. What if we were more careful about what we said? More careful about where we went? More careful about what we allowed our ears to hear?

So, as you do your household cleaning this week, remember to do your whole-body cleaning to ensure we are living the lives that God wants us to live. That way, just as I want our house presentable for a visitor at any time of the day, our lives are always presentable to anyone and everyone we come in contact with...that they will see God in our lives and want Him in their life too.

God bless!!!!
~SaRaH~

No comments:

Post a Comment